Yield: 8 servings
Lemon Buttermilk Panna Cotta Ingredients
- 3 cups nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons (2 envelopes) gelatin
- Juice from two lemons (4 tablespoons)
- Zest from two lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Rhubarb Raspberry Compote Ingredients
- 1 pound ripe rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Juice and zest from one orange
- Juice and zest from one lemon
Lemon Buttermilk Panna Cotta
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt and buttermilk. Set aside.
- Place water in a separate bowl and add gelatin. Stir to dissolve until gelatin has melted.
- Add in lemon juice, zest, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk gelatin mixture into yogurt mixture until completely mixed.
- Divide into 4-ounce ramekins or similar containers.
- Refrigerate until firm: At least four hours or overnight.
- To unmold, slide knife along interior edge and then dip bottom of container in hot water for 5 seconds and invert onto plate.
Rhubarb Raspberry Compote
- Cut rhubarb into half-inch pieces. Place cut rhubarb in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar, lemon and orange juice.
- Heat on medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until soft, approximately one hour.
- Stir in lemon and orange zest.
- Add strawberries and cook 10 minutes more.
Makes 4 cups.
- Pool compote on bottom of plate and carefully invert panna cotta on top.
- Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaf if desired.
Recipe by AccentHealth Chef Donna Brousseau.